Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Effects of Prednisone: Day 21

Entering week #4 on prednisone, and it's starting to take it's toll: in spite of the Lasix (which has me feeling 100% better than before I was on it) my face is puffy.  Around my mouth and my cheeks mostly. I find myself with my heart racing at different times during the day and it doesn't go away quickly.  In fact, it's pretty much been racing since 3:15am, which coincidentally, is how long I've been awake.  As long as I can stay functional today, I don't really mind being up in the middle of the night, but something tells me that I won't be able to make it much past lunch today.

That's another side-effect: my sleep has been terribly disrupted.  It started really dragging me down yesterday.

On a work note - my entire department has been re-organized.  I'm less than thrilled, but trying hard not to get too pessimistic about it.  I no longer work for the same manager - I will be working for a colleague that has been promoted.  This will be my first experience in my career with dealing with that type of transition.  I also now report through a director who I am personally not a big fan of, which is actually what I am more concerned about.  So - I think I'm just going to lay low and put my head down for the next few weeks and observe how things start panning out.

0 comments: