Sunday, June 14, 2009

Long Time - New Approach

I was so frustrated after I had to deal with those cluster headaches that I just tossed in the towel for awhile. Well, in May, we hit our TTC 1 year anniversary - not something that most of us look forward to. So now I have the big red "INFERTILE" stamp on my chart at the ob/gyn. At least we were then able to get ourselves in to see the RE. Ultimately, my husband's semen analysis came back a-ok, so on to me - the RE determined pretty quickly based on my history that I was ovulating and through a quick pelvic exam, that I also had a retroflexed uterus. How come no other dr. ever told me that before?

Putting those things together - RE suggested we do a surgical procedure to check for blocked tubes and/or endometriosis - so I had the laparoscopy this past Wednesday, and guess what - not only do I have a retroflexed uterus (which unto itself does not indicate or cause infertility) but I also have stage 2 endometriosis on my bladder, both ovaries and uterus (which he zapped away with a laser), a fibroid on my uterus (which he left alone for now) and cervical stenosis - which might actually be the cause of the endo. I go back for a post-op visit this Thursday to talk about everything in more detail.

While it was a true joy to find out just how screwed up my own body is, it is a relief to find out there is a physical explination as to why we haven't conceived yet. I think now we get 3 full cycles to make it happen before pursuing further testing and options.

0 comments: