Saturday, January 17, 2009

Medicine - Do Your Job

Excellent day today - I awoke pain free!  The meds I took late yesterday afternoon must be doing their jobs.  I am on prednisone (excellent for pain relieving skills, not so good after a few days in terms on bloat and constipation) and gabapentin, which is actually an anti-seizure medication, and this is the first time I've ever taken it.  I'm not sure what exactly anti-seizure medication does to keep my head pain away, but as long as it's working, I don't care!

I went in for an acupuncture visit to try and hit these cluster headaches from all sides.  J took me in since I wasn't sure how I'd be reacting to my new meds. The visit went well, but it's very different when you go in for pain management versus fertility stuff.  S probed around my feet looking for tender spots at the ends of energy channels and she found them - on my left feet, which makes sense, since it's the right side of my head where the pain is.  Before I left, she attached these little band aids with teeny-tiny ball bearings on them on my ears, on specific pressure points - where I can squeeze them if I start to have head pain.  Hopefully the meds will work so I won't have to do that, but it's really nice knowing that I have an alternative back-up plan.  S told me not to bother with taking the herbs I was supposed to start on on CD5 - we'll save them for after I'm done dealing with these cluster headaches.

After the treatment was over, J and I went to Culver's for lunch - yum!  We swung by Circuit City to see what the good deals might be but there really weren't any yet.  After getting home I started on a new cross stitch project for my new neice/nephew who will be arriving in April.  The pattern is Cedar Hill Shaker Animal Rhymes - when it's done I'll be sure to post a picture.  For my neice, A, who is 2, I made "The Promise" by Shepherd's Bush and it turned out awesome.  I should have taken a picture of it before I gave it to her!

J has been great to me since his generally insensitive comments yesterday morning - he told me that he's disapointed that we're going to have to put off TTC for a month or two but he doesn't blame me - he doesn't like to see me in pain and it frustrates him that there isn't anything he can do to change it.  He is the best.  Just knowing that's how he feels makes me feel better - we will get through this.

0 comments: