Monday, January 26, 2009

Will It End?

Here I am just entering week 2 of this cluster headache cycle, and I'm about to fold completely.  I am not sure how I am going to be able to continue.  Today I had one break through 35 mg of prednisone and it was THE WORST pain I have ever felt.  I had tears running out of my right eye, droopy right eyelid - the works.  I wasn't sure I would be able to make it home, and is came on in the car.

By the time I got home it had been a 10 for the end of the ride and I stumbled into the bathroom (after popping another 5 mg prednisone) to take a hot shower, just howling - I wasn't crying - I was howling.  It was the worst.  I am so glad my husband wasn't home to see and hear me.  By 7:15 I decided to take another 5 mg prednisone as I still had a 4/5 headache.  

So, now I'm up to 45 mg prednisone (I can't go above 60 mg without having to be admitted to the hospital).  I'm going to go back to taking all 200mg of gabapentin in the morning instead of splitting them up - which I had done to try to alleviate the side-effects: anxiety and stressful feeling.

Well - hopefully the 45 mg prednisone will hold it all off for now.  I guess we'll see.  Keep your fingers crossed!

0 comments: